Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Return to Astronomy

Radman40

Hi everyone,

Just signed up. Have been interested in astronomy since I was 10 but like so many of us alcohol, women, career, kids have all taken their toll. That never stopped me from enjoying the night sky whenever it was clear, keeping an eye out for the the celestial fireworks produced by the best annual meteor showers and watching the comings and goings of the planets as they make their way through the night sky.

I am now having my mid-life crisis and rather than purchase a honda fireblade I am saving for a new telesceope, soemthing 'quick and dirty' which I can whip out when my wife lets me! (the story of my life since the kids arrived).

My how amatuer astronomy has changed over the years. The choice of equipment is tuely bewidlering. This site is great for advice and information for one such as I. Who ever put it together and maintains it...many thanks!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome and good luck with it ;)

I too with my wife and I starting our family, with the arrival of our first daughter I have to cherish the few moments I get to sneak outside when the skies are clear and the moon has set to do a bit of stargazing.

Archived