Which weather sites do you use?

Sites I have picked up from here on SGL are:

BBC

Metoffice

Metcheck

7Timer

What I do is check all 4 and if they all agree it will be clear, then I don't bother trying to use the scope.

But seriously they all give different predictions but all seem somewhere close, given our small island chaotic weather.

In a non scientific test I think 7timer followed by BBC are the best. (even though I think the BBC get their data from the Metoffice).

Don't bother looking beyond tonight though, things change too often.

Hi, I use google earth and click the weather box in the layers section on the bottom right of the screen, this gives a real time satelite image of the cloud cover. Looking outside at the direction the clouds are moving enables you to see whats ahead. Or if you take note of their position and go back on google earth 15 mins. later you can determine their path.

To be honest, looking outside can be unreliable too.

The other night, i got up at 1:30 and looked out the window, perfectly clear

then went outside to make sure, still pefectly clear.

I then went in and had a cup of coffee to wake myself up and then went outside to start setting up.

There was a huge cloud come over and it started raining, with flashes of lightning!!!

I had to go back in and watch rubbish on tv as i couldn't go back to sleep!!!

• 3 months later...

I found the bbc site to be ok don't really rely on weather forcasts as weather around my parts is fairly localised it could be raining a few miles away and not a cloud in the sky in other parts... So its a quick look out and hope for the best...

Archived