Welcome to Stargazers Lounge
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Fantastic Day!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

cyborg421

cyborg421

Proto Star

• Advanced Members
  • 613 posts
Dear All,

I have just got back from the astroimaging day and I thought it was fantastic. A wealth of information + support. An excellent dinner and a CD with all the information and programs from the day. :)

Can I thanks all those who organised and supported in making the event happen. It was memorable in so many ways.

Simon

Skywatcher 250 PX Synscan DOB.

Central Midlands Stargazers - The Observational Astronomy Society (Serving Warwickshire, Southern Leicestershire and Northants) PM me for details.

Carpe Diem

cgarry

cgarry

Sub Dwarf

• Advanced Members
  • 1,986 posts
I want to second that, it was an brilliant day and I learned so much more than I thought possible. Thanks to all those involved.

Chris
Celestron C14 + CGEM DX mount
Skywatcher Esprit ED 120 PRO Triplet
William Optics ZS80FD + Skywatcher AZ4 Alt-Az mount
QHY5, QHY8L, ASI120MM, DMK 21AU618.AS and DFK 21AU618.AS
Watec WAT-120N

solti

solti

Nebula

• Members
  • 88 posts
I'll third that, a great day. Lots of info and help, cups of tea, no question unanswered, nice lunch, great presentations from all and more tea.

I would like to thank Keith (Old Codger) who put up his solar scope and let us all have a look at the sun. ;)

Thanks to Daz, Steve, Linton, Phil and Eyvette, sorry if I missed any one, for making this a great day. :)

Opps forgot Grant who was busy at the back burning the dvd,s :D

Edited by solti, 30 November 2010 - 11:39 PM.

solti

:bino1: :bino2:

Fav quote "Good bye and thanks for all the fish"

Equip =
SKYWATCHER SKYLINER-150P Dobsonian (aka little dob)
EQ5 (Now have 180 rings) still looking for weights & dovetail)
LaserDream collimator

rll1288

rll1288

Star Forming

• Members
  • 201 posts
and I will ......Fourth that....

What a wealth of information and great to get some answers to those nagging questions about "Am I doing this right...."

Brilliant...and to all those out there that were thinking of doing it but didn't.......make sure you pesty to get another day arranged... It will be worth it.

Plus...what a great location......One day I will have to bring my wife and sons to the community observatory (If thats OK.....)

:):headbang::D;)
SW 150 PDS
HEQ5 Syntrek (EQMOD)
Canon 1000d (Unmod)
Neximage CCD & Focal Reducer

colincb

colincb

Nebula

• New Members
  • 17 posts
I'll fifth it then, great day; That must take some organising. Thanks to all who arranged it.
Just got to put all I learnt into action.
I'll let it warm up a bit first though. :)

Cheers, Daz et al

Colin

papabone

papabone

Vacuum

• New Members
  • 6 posts
Great day, great tutorials. Felt at home with many kindred spirits.
All the talks hit the spot for a beginner.
Thanks to all involved
Mark

jasonp

jasonp

Star Forming

• Advanced Members
  • 470 posts
Was a fantastic day learnt a lot and was great to see all others that share our Hobby.
The talks were Brilliant I enjoyed every second.

Thanks to all that arranged it.
Skywatcher 200P NEQ6 Pro
Skywatcher 200p Dob
Celestron 15x70's
Helios 7x50's
Canon EOS-400D

Photosbykev

Photosbykev

Wannabe Pete

• Moderators
  • 5,498 posts
Excellent day in excellent company. All the info gathered from the day will be of use in the future. I still don't understand what those eyepiece thingies are for so I may need 1-2-1 tuition to figure them out :)

Only another 100 miles to go before I reach Anglesey lol

Edited by Photosbykev, 28 November 2010 - 08:40 PM.

regards
Kev
http://www.photosbykev.com Wildlife and Nature Photography
Posted Image
The Lyra Optic 4" f11 H-a solarscope build
Canon 5D MkIII, 5D MkII, 7D, 60D IR, DMK21, iOptron Skytracker v2 and lots of lovely Canon glass

In the middle of every black hole there is a very small, very heavy little man looking for the light switch.
I know we're not alone but why the hell would any civilised species want to visit us?

F64

F64

Nebula

• Members
  • 69 posts
Thank you for all the organisers it was a fantastic day I was made to feel very welcome and have come home with a better understanding of soooooooo much. Great location great food great company.

Janine

Photosbykev

Photosbykev

Wannabe Pete

• Moderators
  • 5,498 posts
"Home" at 23:00. Completely clear skies but I just can't be bothered tonight as the car thermocouple is saying -9C lol

Edited by Photosbykev, 28 November 2010 - 10:58 PM.

regards
Kev
http://www.photosbykev.com Wildlife and Nature Photography
Posted Image
The Lyra Optic 4" f11 H-a solarscope build
Canon 5D MkIII, 5D MkII, 7D, 60D IR, DMK21, iOptron Skytracker v2 and lots of lovely Canon glass

In the middle of every black hole there is a very small, very heavy little man looking for the light switch.
I know we're not alone but why the hell would any civilised species want to visit us?

daz

daz

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 18,811 posts
Really glad you all got so much from the day :)

Again I must thank:

Linton - for his talk, organising the location and lunch
Yvette - for doing a sterling job with the kettle and tea pot
Phil - for early car park duty and then on the tea with Yvette
Dave - for his talk and bringing all his toys to show you
Steve - for bringing all his kit and answering some of the more advanced questions that people had - even though he was suffering from a touch of man-flu!
Grant - for working his way through all the DVD's and bringing his kit down for us to use
Keith (Old Codger) - for setting up his PST and showing people the sun

And to you all for attending. We had great fun answering your questions, and it was good to see you answering each others questions and sharing experiences!

Now, let's see those images :D ;)
Daz

GSO 8" RC, Skywatcher ED80, EQ6 + SS, Pentax 10x50 bins, Atik One + OAG + Atik GP

Problem? email me HERE

Dave

Dave

Eagleseye

• Moderators
  • 1,747 posts
T'was great fun to be part of it all.

Dave

SteveL

SteveL

Sub Giant

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 7,915 posts
Man-Flu or not, I had a valid day-pass from my usual duties, and I wasnt going to miss that chance to go out somewhere!

I had a great day, and it was great to see beginers asking the right questions, taking the answers and then asking the next logical question. Very reassuring to see that. Also interesting to see what the main drivers were for moving to imaging. Some just wanted images to show their friends and family, some just seemed excited by all the technology and cables, and getting all the various parts of the imaging requirements working in harmony. Whatever the reasons, I hope you all manage to progress with your imaging, be it planetary, solar, deep sky, widefield...

http://www.steves-astro.com/
EQ6Pro/SW 190MN/Borg77@4.3/Borg60@3.8/ED80Pro, Modded 650D, LodeStar, DSI, TS OAG, and 100% cloud cover :(

old codger

old codger

Nebula

• Members
  • 67 posts
Best day out for sometime now. Congratulations and many ,many thanks to all the organisers who did a magnificent job. Bags of information, and ready answers to all the queries - even to the extnt of saying 'Sorry, don't know' ( only once though). If there is a repeat somewhere near I shall go again to consolidate what I learned yesterday. Excellent organisation - Well Done.
Old Codger

Astrosurf

Astrosurf

Alexxx

• Advanced Members
  • 3,210 posts
I've just managed to get on as I've been ill with girl-flu!

It was just the BEST day! You're all just a great bunch and so patient with all my questions. I do feel I monopolised people rather but what a difference it made. I feel I understand so much more and my frustration has dwindled markedly!

Thanks Daz for reminding me of all the names.

Once I'm over this bug I'll get the disc open and really have a look. I can't wait for my next opportunity to get the scope out and try everything. I've even ordered the webcam and all the necessaries from Morgans so I'm well excited.

Can't wait for all you newbie's astropics.

I've got some pics from the day I'll post in a few mins.

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skywatcher 200P, WO Megrez 72mm frac (+ field flattener), HEQ5 Pro mount, Astrotrac, Modded Canon EOS 600D + 40D unmodded DSLRs

Hyperion EPs: 8mm and 24mm + 3x TAL, Antares 2" diagonal

2 x Phillips SPC900NC webcams + QHY5 guidecam

I've decided I am in fact a size 10 - it's just that my body's too short!

http://www.astrobin....sers/Astrosurf/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users