Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another one bites the dust (or nubula)..........NEXT!!

New that old New Horizons has been and gone, whats the next proper unmanned mission gonna be? A Cassini like orbiter of Netpune or Uranus? Flyby of Eris? Hopefully not another [removed world] on Mars tho. I reckon the first person on Mars should perhaps  be a female  . Man had the Moon, its only fair we let the women claim Mars.

So anyway.....whats the next big mission? I would like to see a Neptune Cassini thing before I kick my bucket.

New Horizons has not "been and gone".  There is far more data to analyse and reveal from its Pluto flyby and its study of the Kuiper belt.  But you know that don't you?

Mark

BTW, what is your latest view on favourite planet etc?

Mark

When you think that Mars has roughly the same land mass as Earth,there,s an awful lot of Mars still to explore,think of the giant Volcano,s that enomous canyon,that the grand canyon would get lost in.No where not finished with Mars by a long way.

Mick.

I believe it's going to take 16 months to beam all the data that New Horizon has captured back to Earth. So the discoveries from this mission are far from over I reckon. They have possibly barely begun :smiley:

Why the hell are some people so hard to Please?
The scientific research, and planetary exploration that has been achieved in such a short time, is nothing short of
miraculous, yet here we are getting impatient, and by definition, also ungrateful for treats we have been presented with to date.
I too remember making a wish that man would step out onto another world before my demise.
However, the Lunar exploration more than satisfied that criteria for me.
Not only that, but I have been absolutely enthralled by Hubble, Cassini, the Huygens Probe
Landing on Titan,
even the magnificent Deep Sky, and Lunar and Planetary imagery I have been privileged to see on on SGL's
boards, thrilled me no end.
So come on, be thankful for what has been given to us. These projects cost billions to Implement, they don't reside in Xmas Crackers.
Ron.

Archived