Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Seriously awesome Solar System model

Ant

A mate at work send me this...

http://joshworth.com/dev/pixelspace/pixelspace_solarsystem.html

It takes a little while to scroll all the way from the Sun to Pluto...

But one REALLY cool feature is the little speed of light icon (bottom right), click on that and it speeds (ha ha) through the solar system at light speed.

Now you have an idea why even at Light Speed, it would take an age to get anywhere!

My brain already knew that light speed is slow in astronomy terms, but this really brings it home.

Hope you like. I did.

Ant

Trying to find the similar animation that someone put together of a real-time light-speed journey outwards from the Sun and passing the planets etc - though IIRC they stopped after Saturn on the assumption peeps would get bored waiting for the rest of the outer planets

holy Rubbish, that was the best 30-40~ minutes ive spent on the internet in quite a while, used the arrows on the browser scroller for most of it and cheated between neptune and pluto, would be sitting there for a whopping 5 and a half hours at light speed

i mean i always had an inkling of how big it was but :eek:

Archived