Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Holiday Ha Solar June 30th

Space Cowboy

After a busy few weeks on the farm I've now got a week in sunny pembrokeshire to relax and have brought along my coronado pst. We are on a sea front apartment which has a nice view of the sun in the morning facing south east. Unfortunately the lower floors are producing a lot of thermal activity so detail has been compromised.

QHY5L-II C & PST :

post-4016-0-44714900-1435688994_thumb.pn

post-4016-0-59815000-1435689040_thumb.pn

I think those are really impressive captures. I had to give up my QHY5l-ii mono due to the newton rings, and the colour one never gave me any detail but you've got loads there I would have believed it was from a mono camera. Great stuff!

Thanks guys! You could be right Freddie regarding the boldness.

Notty I too have been frustrated with the qhy mono newton ring issue and have failed miserably with flats. The key to getting good surface contrast with the colour cam is to use the green channel only. I use the full rgb for the combined surface and prom shot. There really is not much difference between the 2 cameras detail wise in my experience.

Archived