Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Narrowband WIZARD

cloudbuster

had my first crack at NGC7380 the wizard nebula this last week....its not as good as one i just saw on this forum, but i am however quite pleased with this.

the incriminating evidence is as follows:

NGC7380 wizard Nebula
Ashton Vale, Bristol
Camera: Atik 314L
Scope: SW Equinox 80
televue 0.8 flattener/reducer
guide camera: off axis guider with PHD
Mount: SW HEQ5
Artimus capture
Deep sky stacker
Pixinsight
Adobe photoshop cc
Ha filter
10 exposures of 1200 seconds
o3 filter
14 exposures of 1200 seconds
s2 filter
13 exposures of 1200 seconds
flats and bias frames applied
round stars to you all!
cheers
bob

post-3512-0-08822100-1406464563_thumb.jp

Hello Bob, you have some great data with enough exposure time and frames. I think you need to bring out more blue/cyan in the OIII regions and tweak the red/yellow in the Ha and SII. I would try this early on in the processing depending on which software you use to combine channels.

JB

I think you've got some great data there Bob. Personally I'm finding it a little brown. I would definitely be playing with the selective colour tool a little more. This is very subjective though, regarding colour.

A question though... Why is this called the Wizard nebula? I'm missing something...

In Bob's image he's lying on his back (and I think back to front). Rotate Bob's image 90 degrees counterclockwise and you'll see his hat and arm appear.

And it's a very good image Bob. Don't go comparing your images to John's - his are amongst the best out there.  I agree it's a bit brown and I wonder if you can boost the OIII a bit more? The Ha does dominate this target but pushing the OIII a bit more brings some extra definition.

Great work - very, very well done.  How far you've come in such a short period of time...

Archived