NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

m31 from keiling

sonic190178

Plenty of signal there, did you use Ps to process it?

Its just that there is a hint of green/teal, which could be corrected with the HLVG (hasta la vista green) plugin. Its free, get it here:

http://www.deepskycolors.com/archivo/2010/04/26/hasta-La-Vista-green.html

You will probably find yourself using it on everything! :)

Hope you don't mind Sonic but I've fiddled with the image a little :)

post-649-0-15171200-1382046750_thumb.png

You may of course feel that I've massacred it somewhat; I've removed some of the green and enhanced the dust lanes then done some noise reduction.

James

Hope you don't mind Sonic but I've fiddled with the image a little :)

You may of course feel that I've massacred it somewhat; I've removed some of the green and enhanced the dust lanes then done some noise reduction.

James

what is your noise reduction method james thats a pretty good improvement, im still yet to fathom a method out yet

what is your noise reduction method james thats a pretty good improvement, im still yet to fathom a method out yet

I masked off M31 then applied PixInsights TGVdenoise routine pretty savagely to the rest of the image. I then inverted the mask and applied it much much more gently to M31..

James

Hi Danni.

As James says below, Pixinsight has some fabulous routines in.

I masked off M31 then applied PixInsights TGVdenoise routine pretty savagely to the rest of the image. I then inverted the mask and applied it much much more gently to M31..

James

I'm still on a learning curve after having purchased it last year but I'm now a convert. Makes my images look quite good.

Although a little expensive, it's well worth it.

Archived