Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My next door neighbour

Lurker

Ok, Here's the story

I have a dog so does the next door, Both dogs was attacking the fence, I think they wanted to play with each other and they broke the fence, So my neighbour and I talked about getting new fences, We went halves for new fences.

I remembered that there was a topic in here about neighbours getting the police on some guy on here, I thought i'll just discuss Astronomy just to be on the safe side, To my suprise he told me he was interested and wanted to buy a telescope sometimes. I told him I have a 8" dob and asked him if he wanted to look at it, He said yes so I brought it out then I pointed at my window/house and he had a look then I said you can't see anything thru a telescope, I asked him if he would like to borrow my telecope for a couple of days and Yes he said.

Ok, I went out to play pool, He was texting me asking me how to find Saturn. ( We exchanged mobile numbers due to fence, So we can fix it up on both sides ). I told him i'll point at Saturn when I get home from pool, Ok then I told him where Saturn was, He showed his thumbs up saying wow, He told me about the moon too, A big WOW.

Anyways, I went to bed at 1.30am, I thought i'll take a peek outside, Guess what, He was still sitting outside looking at Space.

I'll recommended him to this website and buy from FLO, If he ever decides to get a Telescope in near future. I also lended him Turn Left at Orion book. Also told him to get stellarim if he has a laptop.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There are still some nice people about. Glad you were able to help him get started in astronomy - bet his wife/girlfriend/partner won't thank you though when he spends all the dosh on equipment!

Haha, They have 2 daughters so... I've said I can lend him my stuff whenever he wants.

My neighbour has a dog, which tends to stay out in the back garden barking all night :).

lets hope he does not get a refractor, i can just see the "which is best argument" coming :p

*cough*Refractor*cough

I was expecting to read .. "I got back and he'd broke the scope !" :p

good result indeed,

"My neighbour has a dog, which tends to stay out in the back garden barking all night :mad:"

Then why not nick his dog,stick it in your garden and see how he likes it :)

sorry,I just had to :p:)

JJ..

I wish my neighbour was a cool as this. Just recently he's taken to leaving his kitchen light on and when I asked him if he'd mind turning it off from time to time because it affects my night vision he's taken to leaving the door wide open too. Excuse eh came out with was he was letting his dog run in and out... Surely he can turn the light off for that?

haha, Loving the read in this topic. Got my telescope back today. I've told him that he can borrow it whenever, As soon I find a good thing worth looking at such as Galaxies etc, I'll be sure to let him know and invite him over to mine to take a peek.

I can't see the Orion Nebula anymore, Well not from my back garden.

Here's the pic of the old and new fence. Also I been doing a bit of work in my garden. You can see the stones at middle of the fence and the back, That's where it's broken so the neighbour and I paid half for new fences and I paid for the metal fence for my wall side so it doesn't happen again.

sdc13007.jpg

And the new garden, lol@dog at bottom right of pic just noticed it, Anyways still a few more work to do like painting the back and repairing the old shed. The table and chairs was a gift to us from my mother in law as it's approaching 1 year wedding anniversary next week.

sdc13032d.jpg

if i were in your shoes i would consider yew hedging down both sides, they make excellent wind breaks, grow in nice and dense and the leaves are dark and matt, they grow anywhere too.

i know those types of fence are horrid in the wind, the hedge will re-enforce the panels and will create a fine "natural observatory" blocking out wind and light

if i were in your shoes i would consider yew hedging down both sides, they make excellent wind breaks, grow in nice and dense and the leaves are dark and matt, they grow anywhere too.

i know those types of fence are horrid in the wind, the hedge will re-enforce the panels and will create a fine "natural observatory" blocking out wind and light

Haha, I might get complained for overgrowned plants or something.

OMFG YOUR PLANT IS IN MY GARDEN IM NOT CLEAINING THAT UP !!!! WE'RE ARE WAR!!!

I like your idea, but my dogs has a habit of ripping out branches, You can see the small tree above the towel hanging on washing line.

I don't use the cage anymore it was for my dog when he was a pup while I was training him. Fat lot it did help :)

Archived