Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M106, jets and friends...

ollypenrice

Well, jets...only just! I first saw these from Martin and thought I'd have a go. Even after 8 hours Ha they are really faint and hardly show above the reds of the core. This is a Seyfert with active core so it was fun trying to get to the action.

L 4 hours, 100 mins per colour and 8 hours Ha.

TEC140, Atik 4000 mono, EM200, PixInsight and Ps.

By the way, I did try binning the Ha. Didn't work!!!

Natural version at the end if you prefer no Ha.

Olly

1246276001_ELUgb-X2.jpg

1246275427_pZ6hk-XL.jpg

1245088547_Ws7on-X2.jpg

Another corker Olly, and a great FOV .:D

I have been testing LRGB imaging with a CLS LP filter in the imaging train. M106 is the target I have been using and I managed to Get the jets showing through with no Ha data.:rolleyes:

Mike.

Another corker Olly, and a great FOV .:D

I have been testing LRGB imaging with a CLS LP filter in the imaging train. M106 is the target I have been using and I managed to Get the jets showing through with no Ha data.:rolleyes:

Mike.

F ratio, Mike. The more imaging I do the more I think I would sell my soul for F3. Trouble is, finding a buyer...

Looking forward to your result which will, as ever, fly the flag for Newts.

Olly

Top Olly,

last night I was playing with new GSO 8 RC and also targeting m106 ... so I know that this one is really top notch ...

See you at the start of july ...

Yves.

PS mine was jsut a quick first light test, used a reducer and have about the same FOV as the TEC ... but it can't compete on detail

Top Olly,

last night I was playing with new GSO 8 RC and also targeting m106 ... so I know that this one is really top notch ...

See you at the start of july ...

Yves.

PS mine was jsut a quick first light test, used a reducer and have about the same FOV as the TEC ... but it can't compete on detail

I trust you are going to bring it along, the RC?? Course you are!

Olly

I trust you are going to bring it along, the RC?? Course you are!

Olly

First need to buy a bigger car then ...

don't know yet, to many choices but I think the Baby Q is the only thing I can take with me, leaving family at home is not an option.

Yves.

Archived