NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101 after the party

Tim

It was a shame to leave SGL6 on sunday morning with a full clear night on the cards, but I was able to re-instate power and cables etc to my little obsy and get set up.

This was my second target of the night, and comprises of 13 x 600 seconds through the MN190 and a OSC camera. Haven't had time for darks flats or bias and it shows :icon_eek:

Thanks for looking.

Tim

tj-albums-mak-newt-190-pictures-picture10297-m101-mn190-qhy8-3hrs-600s.jpg

Your seemingly back into your imaging mode Tim.

Lovely job.

MartinB. was giving his LRGB tutorial in the Marquee near the Shower block. I was on my way there and stopped to take in his excellent talk. He was using M101 subs, and he stated he preferred the core of this galaxy to have a warm golden glow.

I think maybe you and he may think along parallel lines, as this image has the glow too.:icon_eek:

Ron.

I'd like more of a golden glow in my own M101 core but wasn't there to hear Martin's method!

Tim, I thnk this is lacking blue in the balance. Red core, yes, but not so much the arms for me. But you have a lot of image here and when calibrated I think it will sing like Pavarotti...

Olly

Really nice image. Am I right in judging there is a small, side-on, lenticular galaxy on the left-hand side (just below and to the left of the bright star left of M101)?

Thanks. Yes I think so, in the full size tiff image there are loads of faint fuzzies around this one, I have just gathered another few hours of subs in 20 min increments so i'll add those into the mix and then try to upload a better version somewhere.

Cheers

Archived