Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astrofest 2007

So who's going from here?

I'll be there with Steve, then I'm taking him to Mr. Woo's for an eat all you can Chineese buffet (£5.00) :shock:

If you want to join us you'd be more than welcome.

Hi guys, I'm going on the Friday because thats when alot of people from here are going, plus I can hopefully get a lift rather than having to go on the train...

If its really good I might go back on the Saturday...

Hi guys, I'm going on the Saturday because thats when alot of people from here are going, plus I can hopefully get a lift rather than having to go on the train...

If its really good I might go back on the Saturday...

:?:

(Give your proof-reader a slap :rolleyes:)

Me and Eric (from Astro Soc of Glasgow) are flying down to London on Friday AM, we are booked in to the Fri PM and both sessions on the Saturday.

Gonna turn it into an "Astro Weekend".

The following weekend 8 of us are off to a dark sky site near Pitlochry - if it is good weather, the skies are Mag 6 at least. Last year I could see M35 with the naked eye !!!

Tom

I was hoping to go on Friday, but will only be there from about 11am until about 3pm.

Coming up from Yeovil in Zummerset by train with a friend of mine. Have to leave reasonably early as trains are horrendous later on Friday evening.

Would love to meet people even if only to say hello. Suggest maybe you PM me and we can swap mobile phone nos. Could wear a white carnation but that is so passe. I will warn you I am the ugliest man in Yeovil (possibly the whole of the West Country) so you won't be able to miss me!

Geoff

is it true that the old stagers in here pay for the newbies to attend? just checking

I'm afraid that the "Newbies" of less than 70 posts have to buy the Global Mods 5" TMB Apo's :rolleyes:....

I am still trying to decide, you see I get the feeling if i go I will come away Either having spent a lot , or totally dissatisfied with my current ( only 2 months old ) set up. Perhaps I should just stay home and avoid the misery!!

Trudie

I will be going on Friday with Mrs MikeP to give her a last chance to stop me buying a whole new load of toys. I'm tempted to make a joke about Geoff_K's identifying features and the wife, but it is more than my life is worth. :rolleyes:

I'm a complete beginner so don't expect informed conversation, but it would be nice to say hello to anyone there from here.

I'll send Geoff a PM with my mobile number.

Mike

Mike

Sent you my mobile no.

Not sure what comment you were going to make, so I will have to make sure that my solicitors Sue, Grabbit and Runne (apologies to Private Eye), are on standby.

Looking forward to it, at least it's one event the weather can't ruin (I hope)

Geoff

Saturday for me and MiniDaz. Both sessions booked so it's going to be a busy one.

Trudie - Just plan on getting something small first time. Say some filters, or a new eyepiece (there are bargains to be had, trust me), some books, star charts, etc. Look in wonder at the stuff you can't afford, in envy at the stuff you might afford, and plan to save up for the stuff you can!!

Mind you, just meeting an Admin and couple of GM's is worth the journey anyway ............ >Modest Smilie<

I can do Woo's - quite easily :rolleyes::wink:

Archived