Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another new member...

James

Hi Everyone,

Just found these forums after trawling around a little. I've returned to astronomy in the last six months or so after a 10 year absence (caused by job, spouse and daughter) - is it my imagination or are there a lot more lights and a lot fewer clear nights??

I've signed up for the Kielder Forest Star Camp in March which will be my first star party :D as I hear the skies are very dark - something I can't get in Taunton. I'd have to drive to the other side of Exmoor to get anything really dark!

I've got a 10"Newtonian and am in the market for a small (4" ish) refractor now...

Cheers

James

Welcome James.

Kielder from Taunton? Surely that deserves a medal of some sort? :D

Captain Chaos

If its clear it'll be worth it... If not then I gather there's a perfectly acceptable pub nearby :p

Thank you for all the welcomes!

Hi James,

Welcome to SGL.

Couple of events coming up if you'd like to join us...

London Astrofest. Keep an eye out for that one if you fancy a cheap ride to London 8)

South West Astronomy Fayre.

SGL starparty.

All the events are in the relevant section of the forum..

Enjoy.

Greg

Thank you for the welcome! Have they spotted any correlation between full moon and clear nights by any chance? :D

(Personally I'm convinced the moon, when full, acts to burn off the clouds through some as yet undiscovered mechanism :p Well, maybe not.)

Archived