CLOUD!!!!!!!!!!!

matty79

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been the same in London too.. I was considering putting a post up asking how many days decent observing most people got in a year. I might have to admit responsibiity for this spell of cloudiness.. I ordered some bino's and its been like this ever since!

Not to make it seem worse but Metcheck gives cloud for the whole week :)

But...fingers crossed touch wood etc etc they say Saturday is clear....

This week the kids are off school and we were hoping to see Saturn, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen :o

I know what it is, I managed to successfully order an Eq wedge for my Meade LX90, and item so rare in the UK that I have possibly jinxed us for all eternity!

Seriously though, whoop!!! It arrives tomorrow!! :) Weather says Thursday onwards its improving, with a very clear night on Saturday....fingers crossed.

Not to make it seem worse but Metcheck gives cloud for the whole week :)

But...fingers crossed touch wood etc etc they say Saturday is clear....

This week the kids are off school and we were hoping to see Saturn, but doesn't look like that's gonna happen :o

Looks like you were thinking the same as me. I also had a look at Metcheck and found its supposed to be clear on Saturday here too. Lets hope so!

Don't worry, the cloud will clear when one or more of the following conditions is met:

- full moon

- force 8 + winds

- dense fog

- neighbour's chimney spewing out thick smoke

- you are out for the evening

- you have flu

C'mon, weather, give us a break!! :)

Matty, this much cloud and duration is perfectly normal - you just have to think back to all the glorious summers the Uk usually has.

Bit of a pain though, especially with the possibility of dazzling aurora. But, to be fair, it could be like a disco inferno up there - it's just the bouncer (dressed in swathes of grey won't let us in to see!)

Is this much cloud normal? Its not broke in over a week here.

Sorry my fault.. Pentax+EQ6.. as a consequence of my travels it's been cloudy everywhere :/

Although according to the weather plugin.. 3am there's break in the clouds :/

Met Office should switch from predicting the weather to changing it. I mean, what use is it anyway knowing that it is gonna be cloudy yet again? Let's blow the clouds towards countries that would like more rainfall. Everyone's happy.

Why oh why did our wonderful country have to live next to the blumming Northern Atlantic Ocean?

If it was clear every night we would get bored wouldn't we? .....No dont answer that... In some twisted way I want to go on thinking that the cloud makes those clear nights that much more sweeter lol

Archived