NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Great Orion Nebular (Hubble Palette)

Ishtar

Dear All

This is my first attempt at imaging in the Hubble Palette (So please go easy on me. ( ;) )

Six 15-minute sub exposures were collected through each of SII, HA and OIII filters using a Atik 314L monochrome camera. The mount was a Vixen GP/DX (Skysensor ) and guided using a DMK21 and PHD software.

The raw subs look really nice but I am a little unsure of how to colour balance all this narrow-band stuff. :p So, I would appreciate any comments or constructive criticism.

Nikki

post-20124-133877526189_thumb.jpg

A stand-out image. Very powerful. The colours are not quite Hubble but very good nonetheless. My biggest criticism is that it is the 'wrong' way round, especially for an object that is so obvious visually.

The background is too dark giving the impression of too much contrast. Try reducing the magenta in the yellows slightly and lift the mid range blue for a closer approximation to the conventional Hubble look.

Dennis

Love it, a wonderful change from the usual M42 and as for the colours,whether they're close to the "real hubble look"doesnt matter to me anyway,its your interpretation of a classic astro image.Different is good and in this case very,very good.

Archived