Hello, newbie from Swansea

doorhand

Hi all, just a brief message to introduce myself. Im fairly new to astronomy, i live in the Swansea area in Wales. Always loved stargazing and now hoping to get out more with the telescope and make this a hobby. Im especially interested in astrophotography.

I have a celestron astromax 5" and a cheap cheap webcam from ebay.

Doorhand.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Doorhand, sorry to read that you live in Swansea :p I live just outside that wonderful town called Neath. ;) What is your cheap webcam? Most people around here use the very expensive £5 SPC880 from morgans computers, should say that its now around a tenner the greedy buggers.

Thanks for the big welcome guys!!

Iv had a couple of tips already that morgans computers sell the very good Philips SPC880, unfortunately i didnt know that at the time, i bought this one...

WEBCAM WEB CAM 6 LED WITH MICROPHONE FOR PC LAPTOP on eBay (end time 20-Feb-11 11:56:34 GMT)

and got this result...

http://stargazerslounge.com/beginners-help-advice/127693-my-disaster-first-image-jupiter.html

I really butchered the cam to make it fit to my scope, even though my first image was a bit of a fail, it was good to see the cam still working, lol! If all else fails il definitely buy the SPC880.

Thanks again,

Doorhand.

Archived