Aloha!!!

insanitydefense

Brand spankin' new to the site. According to your tack board map, I am the first member from Hawaii! Have always love astronomy, thanks to George Lucas, and rediscovered it only in the last few years when my wife went and bought me a department store scope. Two years ago I tried my hand at astrophotography and here I am. Here is a link to my M20 that I took last summer FrankenTrifid - AstroGab

Hope to learn a lot and to meet people who share my love of the hobby.

-t

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, thank you everyone, that is quite a reception. Old fruit, thanks! Photo Hound, I am in the suburns of Honolulu. Despite the lights from the city and how close the houses are to one another, my sky is incredible. I am originally from the east coast of the United States. Just minutes out of center city Philadelphia...on a good night we would have ten stars and I had never "seen" the Milky Way. Here is a different matter. On the North Shore it is hard to pick out the individual constellations because there are so many stars! First time up there took me way too long just to find Polaris so I could star align!

Very happy to be here! I will look up Frewi80, small community out here, probably already know him, lol.

Thanks Everyone!

-t

Archived