Dominic - Student

Quasars

Hi guys I am a student in Preston university, I have signed up here as I am utterly fasinated with space and its huge expanse. What fasinates me is the fact that most distance galaxies are beyond human comprehension in that man will never ever have the ability to travel to them.

I am a noob within Astronomy but I have signed up here to learn and observe off the experts. I hope soon to have my own telescope to start capturing some amazing pictures of M31 and the Crab nebuala.

Hi

a warm welcome to the SGL was woundering as Preston university had a Astronomy

Department with scopes ect ?

Doug

Essex

Thanks guys for the welcome, yeah preston uni does have an astronomy department however I much research into it as I think they do have scopes.

I beleive the professor their has also been on television for multiple space programmes

Hi Dominic and welcome to the forum.

There is a lot of mileage out there and I suppose they don't call it space for nothing! :D I'm also quite pleased that we are unlikely to visit these places in person, as it will at least allow them to exist in their natural state allowing us to be amazed at their beauty without any interference from us. (crikey...I can feel a protest marcch coming on:D)

Looking forward to your questions and wishing you clear sskies in the meantime,

James

Archived