Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Suppose I will get moaned at!

sooren

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Paul , I am another newbie from Nowich, I am waiting for my scope to arrive, I was looking at the kind of scope you have, but got ended up going for a scope with a manual mount, I am a sales manager in the motor trade (yes, we are the ones with an even worse reputation than yours :icon_eek: ) and have little spare time to pursue a new hobby, I have looked at the manual for my EQ5 mount online and got to about page 5 before giving up, talk about complicated!!. It will b intereting to compare experiences with you, and if you decide you would like to go to the club with someone thats probably more clueless than you, let me know!

What a coincidence - I was in the motor trade for 20 years then saw the light, also waiting for my scope, we must get together soon and compare toys!

regards

Paul

Hi Paul and welcome from another newbie

I don't think it matters what you opted for, I don't think anyone will shout at you. After all, it is your money to spend as you wish :-)

It sounds like you've found a great way of de-stressing. The wonders of the universe have that effect on me too :-)

Marko

Hi Paul and welcome to the forum.

If you can afford it, you can buy what ever be it big or small. There are some astronomers who I have met who feel that you have to serve some kind of apprenticeship, starting with a small scope and then working your way up - I don't agree. People should be allowed to discover their own level, so good luck to you and hope this scope exceeds you expectations. The aperture is a decent size, yes there is always bigger and we all succumb to the inevitable condition known as "Aperture Fever" - its incurable in case you ask :icon_eek::D

Cleaar skies and look forward to reading a report of how you got on!

James

Archived