NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi (Finally)

Zilz

Hi everyone!

Just thought I'd introduce myself and not keep lurking in the background. I've been interested in the night skies ever since I can remember. I remember as a small boy gazing up at constellations in the sky with my dad and his trusty pair of bins as he pointed them all out to me.

I studied physics at school and then astrophysics at A-level, and yet somehow never threw myself into stargazing... until now :eek:

So having studied lots of this forums' most helpful advice (and I must say this is the most friendly forum of any kind I've ever come across!) I've placed an order just now for my first set-up (with FLO of course!). And with that, apologies for the guaranteed cloudy skies over Derbyshire for the next few days!

I'll let you know how I get on, and once again thank you all for the great advice and for convincing me to finally get on with it!

Zilz

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And with that, apologies for the guaranteed cloudy skies over Derbyshire for the next few days!

Ah! So it's your fault then! Don't come near Belper for a while or you'll get lynched. :eek:

Only joking.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave...

Thank you all for the welcome, I'm sure I'll enjoy it here!

Aha, Derbyshire! Where are you? Until coming to France to set up shop that was my stomping ground.

Olly

I'm near Bakewell Olly, where abouts were you?

Ah! So it's your fault then! Don't come near Belper for a while or you'll get lynched. :eek:

Don't worry Dave, I'll stay clear of Belper for a while! Although this rain is definitely not my fault... :)

HI Zilz and a big warm welcome!

As you say in your post, some kids are just fascinated by the night sky (I was one) and it always amazes me how others just arent interested in it at all !

Bet you will feel like a kid again when your Scope arrives!

Dee

a warm welcome zilz, what set up did you go for

After much consideration and budget stretching, I opted for the Skywatcher Explorer 150PL on the EQ3-2 mount. Can't wait for it to arrive, please be quick FLO! :eek:

Thank you all for the welcome, I'm sure I'll enjoy it here!

I'm near Bakewell Olly, where abouts were you?

Don't worry Dave, I'll stay clear of Bakewel for a while! Although this rain is definitely not my fault... :eek:

Hi,

I lived in Wirksworth and then just out of town in Middleton by the High Peak Trail. I used to belong to the White Peak Amateur Observing Group. Some opf the members came from Bakewell I reckon.

Olly

Hi,

I lived in Wirksworth and then just out of town in Middleton by the High Peak Trail. I used to belong to the White Peak Amateur Observing Group. Some opf the members came from Bakewell I reckon.

Olly

That's really handy, thanks Olly, I'll look them up!

Archived