Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Venus - 2 Jan 2011

Dave Smith

Dave, would you like my pic of the transit to plonk in the middle? It's only a projection through binos, but a genuine article non-the less.

Thanks, that is an interesting idea. I do have my own transit pics, but, and I'm not sure about this, I don't think it would quite fit in as it didn't occur at the same time, and the scale would be strange. Food for thought though. I am thinking of inserting a Sun image in the middle of the ellipse, either a white light image or Ha, again not quite sure as I don't want that to dominate the image.

At the time of the transit, Pete Lawrence did a very impressive poster with the phases of Venus as well as the transit. Impressive as it was, I don't want to just copy what he did. I think it is still on his website.

Dave

Early starts for you then? I got up at 5am expecting my first ever view of Saturn.....british weather ahhhhh! Nice set of images...

T x

Thanks. Today was the earliest. All of the other images were taken in daylight around midday !

Today was the easiest in that Venus was visible naked eye even as the Sun was rising. For all the rest it had to be found with the help of goto.

Dave

Archived