Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

refractor dilemma

I am looking for a 4" refractor to complement my 8" newtonian. He will ride on a Giro III mount and as the London skies leave me with much else, should be used mainly with a binoviewer on moon and planets.

I am now stuck between two choices, for some reasons I always come back to the Tal 100RS, although I could have a mint Celestron C100ED for the same price.

I am aware that the Celestron will give me less CA but the Tal has an appeal that the Celestron cant match.

Hmmm, have to think about this one........................................................get the Tal100rs, i got one a couple of weeks back,the ca is there but not as bad as chinese fracs, the focus is superb, they are lovely superbly made scopes

I wish you hadn't posted that link John. I love refractors and that just sounds dream stuff for an achro. And dare i say it but looks a better bet than the TAL100RS. Nicer design, nicer focuser and slower F ratio.

I wish you hadn't posted that link John. I love refractors and that just sounds dream stuff for an achro. And dare i say it but looks a better bet than the TAL100RS. Nicer design, nicer focuser and slower F ratio.

Is it too late for a quick note to Santa Russ ? :)

Archived