Hi

BenG

Hi all!

I'm new, so I thought I'd say hi :) Been into Astronomy for many many years, although sadly without a scope at the moment :D

I have quite a wide ranging interest, so will probably join in just about any conversation!

Ben :)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ben and welcome to the forum. I too waited for quite some time before getting a scope which actually isn't a bad idea, as it gave me plenty of time to read up on the subject to decide which direction I wanted to head off in whether it was purely visual, perhaps imaging or even both. The stars aren't going anywhere so there's no rush but would recommend that you join an observing group or astro society (that actively does observing!) to get your eye in and is another resource that can help maintain your interest.

Clear skies

James

Thanks all! I did have a (tiny and next to useless) scope when younger, but that was about a decade ago haha

I'll get another eventually when funds permit - but things have certainly moved on, will be a tough choice when it comes to it!

Hi Ben

Welcome to SGL.

As other finer chaps than myself have already recommended get some binos and get stuck in. There a lot of good deals going at the moment from places such as Scope n Skies. A pair of Meade 7 x 50's for £28.99 would do you fine.

Cheers

Dave...

Archived