NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bored so did a webpage

Kaptain Klevtsov

GOOD for you! Nothing like the "home-grown" product? My cousin is a "website designer" - Actually HIS sites are rather terrible, but it makes HIM money! :D But, looking for "gallery ideas", I came across this: http://www.cssplay.co.uk/ Fairly advanced stuff, but it shows what CAN be done. I salute the guy's application and patience, anyay. Quite interesting he is 60 years old though... Many a good something/whatever etc. :)

Well, my point was complimentary though perhaps badly expressed - And, since I don't have THAT far to go chronologically, either... :) Though thanks to sundry battles with CSS and it's ilk, versus indifferent browser support, my "millenium" web site is still (will remain ever?) pending! :D

Just to fill you in properly Magician, most of them were done with the same 'scope as you have got. That's the good bit.

I got into imaging as I'm too lazy to travel to a dark site because at home the stuff on the webpage is fairly invisible because you need a lot of dark to even find these things. If you are blessed with dark skies, you should be able to see most of these objects, as the Messier list was compiled by a bloke with a rubbish 'scope. He had the benifit of being around before street lighting so he could see these things in his rubbish 'scope.

What I found was that the dim fuzzies are no brighter than the reflected street lighting and I can't get my eyes used to the dark because it doesn't get dark here. My camera has no idea how well lit my shed is and therefore doesn't care about the things being dim. I use filters to avoid the streetlight problem, effectively blinding the camera to the light pollution, and you can do that for visual observing with a CLS or Neodymium filter on the EP inlet end.

I hope you see the things that I have photographed as much as I wish I could see them, but you only need to ask here and you will get advice regarding what targets are best to aim for depending on the time of year.

The best thing that you can do is have a go with your new 'scope. If you struggle there is usually a way round whatever problem you are up against.

Thanks for looking at my page, I'm flattered that people enjoy looking at it, but I hope that it's an inspiration to others to have a go and see what they can do.

Have a look at Celescope's website, that was and is my inspiration, and if or when I get images as good as Rog. has done then I'll put it down to the free and friendly advice that I've got from Rog. and the rest of the people here.

You should also look out for what images are posted as these are what is on the menu today. The skies change with the seasons so you have to learn to go with whatever is available at a particular time of the year.

Check out the rest of this SGL website as its chock full of tips if you have an hour or fifty to spare.

Have fun and enjoy!

Captain Chaos

Archived