Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lucky with the weather tonight

Damien

It's no problem Steve!, It's kind of funny how it turned out. I was feeling lucky with the weather and the seeing was glorious and wham, good old british weather rolls in again. Looks like everyone has had the same problem tonight. Fog is getting very dense now.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's clear again here now - I'm sitting here in a right dither - To go out or not to go out? Trouble is the set up time and do I want to rush a first light? Nope - talked myself out of it by writing it down.

Wednesday and Thursday look OK on Metcheck.

It's stayed pretty clear all evening so far here but I've packed up now - it's got a bit too nippy for comfort. I did manage to get some lovely views of M42 in Orion and the E & F Trapezium stars, Rigel's companion and the multiple sigma Orionis were nicely resolved @ 113x (8mm Ethos) with my 6" mak-newtonian.

Satisfying night all in all :D

Not so lucky here (Taunton - about 5 miles from Steve 1962). Set up this afternoon, looked good, had my little boy out looking at Jupiter, got permission to stay out whilst Kate put the kids to bed then.... oh look, some clouds. The forecast was for fog and stuff so I packed up the kit, went inside, had a late dinner, looked outside at 10pm...clear again....

For once I've spent the evening actually hoping that it would fog over really quickly... but it's still clear outside.

James

Was great here in Cambridge tonight, clearest its been a about a month. I had my little frac out around 8pm and the clouds started to clear so got the sct and i am glad i did. I caught my first views of Orion Neb tonight and it was awesome, Blew me away and even the wife come into the cold to take a look... nothing like anything i have ever seen before!! looks pretty good in the bins too :D

Great night :D

Was great here in Cambridge tonight, clearest its been a about a month.

It's been great here too in Peterborough. Fog has been forecast, but somehow has just managed to stay clear enough all evening! Not crystal clear by any means but the first chance I've had in over a month!

The secondary mirror did frost over though at one point and I had to get the missus' hair drier out to solve it :D

Its been clear here (S Wales) too, but very cold and everything in the obs got iced up. I've had problem after problem tonight, but gave up when my mount decided to go the wrong way around and take the scope into the pier (just managed to switch off before it did too much damage I think). Ho hum.

Just sat here with my feet on a hot water bottle thawing out before going to bed!

Helen

Managed to image all night - very productive it was too, I imaged 3 separate targets! :D Finally left it at 2am taking darks and went for a sleep; the scope was one big ice cube by the morning! Reverted to the hair drier again to dry it off when I brought it in!

Archived