NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Lucky with the weather tonight

Damien

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's good isn't it ? :D

Seeings a bit hit and miss here (North Somerset) but I'm having nice views if I keep the power down a bit.

Hopefully it's going to stay clear so that I can have a peek at Orion and it's glories later :D

Seeing is good here! Waiting for Orion to clear the rooftops also. lets hope the clouds stay away!! I'm having a first light on my HEQ5 and 200PDS. The views are stunning and M15 was breathtaking earlier:D

Hi Steve, I was using the Heq5. Tracking and goto absolutley spot on!! and very quiet too. That'll keep the neighbours happy. Just popped in for a coffee let's hope the clouds clear soon. How's things going with your EQ6?

Fog in West London too. Now you can really see the orange glow!!! Just watched Cher blither her way into the X-Factor final too. It's looking good for Wednesday evening for the Barker Street Iregulars meet. If any of you guys are in London it's worth a visit. Last month there were upwards of 30 people there with lots of scopes from small maks to large APO's and dobs. :D

Going to have a cup of tea - then off to bed.

But before I go - here's a shot of my new "rig" in the warm and dry - taken just now..WHEN IT SHOULD BE OUTSIDE IN THE COLD AND DARK.:D

Also - on a more cheerful note - I've also attached a picture that I took (handheld with a 400d) on Friday morning out of my lounge window of the crescent Moon and Venus just before sunrise. The thing I'm most chuffed about with this picture is that my 14 yr old daughter came running in as I was getting ready for work and said something like "Dad - you've just got to see the sky out there!" Maybe there is hope for the youth of today! :D

post-19045-133877508223_thumb.jpg

post-19045-133877508228_thumb.jpg

Fab Pic Steve, The mount looks great. Guess I should re-name this tread!!! I think the pagan worshipers have blighted us. Next time I buy a new piece of kit i'm keeping it to myself and telling nobody!!!

Archived