NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Albiero, my first double

Grinde

Here's some 2 month old subs I just found & processed, forgot that I snapped 'em after observing a binary for the first time. really rewarding!

10*30s @ ISO1600, unguided jpg's, no darks/flats

Might try & have a go with shorter subs & RAW next time, to get less bloated stars

PS. Diffraction spikes added with photoshop

(Here's a link to the photo without diffraction spikes)

5229830504_27f3f55b7f_b.jpg

76' * 50' fov, 2arcseconds/pixel

I'm fairly new at this, any more doublestars with different colors you can recommend?

Thanks! // Jonas

Omicron Draconis could be worth a punt - from memory it has a similar separation although the secondary is somewhat dimmer than that of Albireo.

Lovely image by the way and although it can be a controversial subject, I love the artificial diffraction spikes on this one!

Omicron Draconis could be worth a punt - from memory it has a similar separation although the secondary is somewhat dimmer than that of Albireo.

Lovely image by the way and although it can be a controversial subject, I love the artificial diffraction spikes on this one!

Great advice, I'll have a look as soon as temperature get's a notch warmer than -20C, thanks !

& although I'm pretty new to this hobby, I've noticed it brings alot of reactions, adding diffractionspikes. One guy told me I might as well add artifical coma & chromatic abberation when I'm at it, when discussing adding spikes to my first astrophoto when I began imaging last year :D

Archived