Looking forward to getting up and running..

Calvin

Hello All,

Having just registered I thought I'd make a quick introduction.

I've just ordered a Skymax 127 Synscan plus a few basics as recommended by the guys at FLO with a standard mount and am looking forward to getting started.

I've had a TAL-1 4.3" Newt OTA in the garage - I was given but the mount was damaged so I've not actually looked through it yet! If it fit on the Skywatcher mount (?) and worked I'll be well happy as I'll have both a Mak and a Newt to play with from day 1!

I'm hoping to take some photo's (I'll may upgrade my mount as funds allow but I'll have to make the best of what I've got for now) andany help with this and any other hint's about how to get started will be gratefully recieved.

Thanks & fingers crossed for a few clear nights...

Glenn

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Glenn,

A very warm welcome to SGL, two nice scopes for starters, your Russian Tal will be worth rejuvenating if you can, as it is an excellent instrument, it might not travel well, however, on the EQ3-2, I am not conversant with the weight of the tube assembly but I think I read somewhere that the whole kit weighs in at around some 20 Kilo`s, you will have time to figure all this out in due course, in the meantime enjoy the forum.

John,

Archived