Meade ETX bargain

lizzardmanuk

Not sure how good the built in barlow is, but if not great then simply don't put it in the path.

Get you Lat and Long and the timezone is GMT, don't think they use 0:0 as SW's do - need to read the instructions. Easier to simply add your location as a new one.

Stand it in a clearish place, make sure the scope base is level and then aim it North (Polaris) and level the tube. Tell it the time (DST is OFF). Pick Easy align.

After that it will decide which stars (bet on Arcturus) to align on and slew to them, just centre each and that is more or less it. Alignment is easy, they have a wide field of view.

From experience of a similar, if you try an eyepiece of less then 6mm it will have to be better then the cheaper plossl's.

Thanks everone this is my 2nd go at astronomy i did buy an lx90 it was all to much so it put me off that was a few years ago so I thought I would start small and hopefully get use to this smaller scope befor getting to the big stuff i appreacheate the kind comments will report on how I have doen (when this blasted rain stops)

Archived