NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Norfolk

Tink_Archived

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hello,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and hope to be stargazing somewhere in your neck of the woods soon!

I live close to the middle of town so lots of light pollution. Once I get to grips with the new scope about a mile or so up the road theres a big old hill ( well big for this area ) so will be heading off up there on clear nights :D

Its not my favourite auction site - loathe it - but glad you seem to have a bargain :D

I;d get some eye time in befoe making any decsions on upgrades. SOmething worth downloading if you havent already is 'Stellarium' - its a free piece of software that gives you a kind opf planetarium on your PC.

thanks for lots more welcomes

Will be downloading Stellarium shortly :D

Well I set the alarm for 6.45am this morning was out the house by 7.30 and on my way to Gloucester to collect the telescope, from Kings Lynn until I got to Peterborough it was damp with the occasional heavy downpour but most of the way there was a lovely rainbow :p after that the skies cleared and it was lovely sunshine all the way to Gloucester, after 171 miles I pulled up to the sellers house it was only 10.15 so that was pretty good going I thought. Had a cup of tea and he had the scope all set up ready to go. He gave me a demo and showed me briefly how it worked which also gave me the opportunity to make sure it was full working order. Everything was there including cd's, manual and original box.

Loaded the car up and set off at 11am. beautiful sunshine all the way home before i know it its 1.45 171 miles covered and home safe and sound.

My lads are there to help me unload and before I know it the scope is all set up and they are reading the instruction manual. Only thing was the little red dot scope needed batteries so a quick call to tesco for some cr2032 and its all waiting to go.

Skies are clear at the moment so fingers crossed for a clear night :)

More updates tomorrow .. got some reading to do :D

Well Tink, despite my post yesterday based on the forecast at the time it is now clear and yes, the forecast for the evening is for clear skies!

Had what looked like a potential disaster when went to get the bins / tripod out as a box in my garage had fallen and hit the set up which was lying on the concrete floor. Fortunately it was well covered with my old scope cover and on inspection / testing it seems no harm done.

Looking forward to getting some observing in later but my, it's got quite chilly out there!

Chris

well lots of cloud here last night .. did manage to get some really good views of the moon and Jupiter in between the could breaks ... due to the cloud wasnt able to do the sky align with 3 points but did do the single align on the moon was most impressed how the scope tracks the moon :D

hoping for more clear skies tonight :)

was out in the back garden and by 9pm it was very cloudy here but again managed to get some great views of the moon and Jupiter .

Was playing around last night with some lenses with the scope came a 9 & 25mm and still have the old scope at the moment which has a in addition to the 9 & 25mm a

x3 barlow and a 4mm ( I dont think these lenses are that good a quality though.)

Seem to be having a few issues with the goto handset but dont know if its me or the handset

due to the heavy cloud have only really been able to align it on the solar system setting using either Jupiter or the moon. it aligns fine but after that when you use the handset to try and pick out a star or another planet it seems to want aligning !!!

My son who has just registered on here last night decided to restore it back to factory and start playing around in the menus etc to see if its something we are doing wrong.

Any suggestions on this or the best place to post this query would be appreciated :)

Archived