Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My 1st Guided Shot !

Deneb

Hi

After having a quite fustrated night last night with my gear, JNP (John) came to my rescue & introduced me to How Guiding Works, "Let me show you how guiding works Nadeem" he says. After him attaching his QHY5 on to my small guidescope, I was quite impressed as he was showing me the RA & DEC graph & how the EQ6 was responding to the pulse commands, I never seen any mount so smooth when it tracks.

Before I packed up for the night, I managed to get 2x 5mins subs of the double cluster. No Flats or Bias..

PS: Interesting what the future holds :(

guidedshot_DC_GX1280900.jpg

Cheers

Nadeem.

Thanks Peter, Actually I was quite impressed how easy it looks using PHD, I would have thought it be complicated. Im thinking about combining guided subs with unguided subs of my M33 at a later stage now :(

I can hear someone calling me a traitor now :(

Nadeem.

Glad I could help Nadeem. Just plugged it I and it worked first time without even tweaking anything. Can't believe its taken so long to get you try guiding.

Welcome to the dark side :(

I have attached some screenshots showing the guide graph with & without guiding output.

Thanks for the use of your 6" Newt yesterday. Got some shots, shame there was no time to take any flats.

cheers

John

post-15143-133877490178_thumb.jpg

When I first joined the forum I was referred to the amazing unguided imaging skills of one "Deneb", and I've continued to be amazed ever since, sadly accepting the fact that I'd probably never be able to reilably set up as accurately and so decided to save my pennies to start guiding (someday)... And now I find this thread... A sad day indeed! :(

But being able to produce such stunning shots unguided, I very much look forward to seeijng what you'll be able to produce with that MN190 guided. And that's an amazing "starter" of the double cluster - I've had 2 or 3 cracks at it with multiple 90s exposures and never got anything like that! As you say, interesting times ahead... Looks like it could be a good winter :(.

Really nice! As has been said your unguided stuff has been amazing and am looking forward to what you can do with guiding.

But to tell you the truth, to my untrained eye, it ain't much different to the unguided version of this double cluster that you did before:

http://www.backyardscope.org.uk/images/gallery/dso/Clusters/DC_finalpsp1024_wm.jpg

There may be a difference I am not seeing.

Athar

Nobody is tongue in cheek I can assure you... PHD is very simple.

Judging by what your achieving unguided the results should be spectacular limited only by your 'hot camera' & sky conditions. :(

Guy

Archived