Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Cold and Clear.

Greg

Just came in from having a look around, gave up when the moon popped up. Temp is 12 degrees, 10th clear night in a row. :D :D :D spoilt only by the moon for the DSO's

It's a bit different to my previous location where I was lucky to 12 minutes clear a month. :D

Unfortunately not set up to do any serious observing. Hope to have the new house by mid January 2007, then a couple of weeks to sort it out and set an observing point in the garden. Should be ready for the spring with any luck. :D:(

naz.

ps what is cold, forgot already the -20 degrees I used to suffer!

I Just came back in, was really wanting a good lookat andromeda but could not see anything more than a fuzzy disk. I am hoping for more than that with 8" of aperature. Hopefully it's all the moons fault and when it goes I will get some nice views of it

I Just came back in, was really wanting a good lookat andromeda but could not see anything more than a fuzzy disk. I am hoping for more than that with 8" of aperature. Hopefully it's all the moons fault and when it goes I will get some nice views of it

I was showing someone that tonight and im afraid that the only way you can see it clearly is via imaging - I coudnt get it with my unmodded Toucam either.

Scotty

Got some moon shots with the D900 earlier before it got up behind the branches of the trees - now the fog has set in proper and its pretty damp out there. Stayin up tonight anyway so will pop out again later on - left the stuff setup (under a cover though).

Thats about it for Andromeda visually...

It's better when there's no moon and your eyes are fully dark adapted. In a good sky you may just, just make out some dust lanes.

It will fill a 40mm eyepiece in your 8". Spectacular sight. The more you look the more you see.

Archived