What do you do when the sky is cloudy?

Manok101

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. read astronomy books and dream

2. check out online stores and dream ditto

3. hang out on SGL and look for answers to the many problems that puzzle me

4. process some data that I have previously collected (not often as I haven't collected that much yet)

5. update my observing log and notes (largely a work of fiction as my real time notes are so ****)

6. keep checking the sky looking for a worthwhile gap until I'm too tired and have to go to bed.

old_eyes

I spend time working on my three inventions, I can not tell you too much about them in case someone steals my ideas.

But one is a carriage that dose not need horses to pull it (I know it sounds mad), one is an apparatus for viewing moving pictures form great distances (I might call that one a Magic Telebox) and a collapsible waterproof sheet on a pole to keep rain off you ( I have not thought of a name for this yet).

I know they all sound quite insane, but I envisage someday everyone owning at least one of them if not all three.

Usually finish unpacking my latest purchase, I think there is some connection between buying new gear and poor weather. Someone should do a study on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

read, clean and collimate optics, make electronic gizmos, build up a library of calibration frames, read some more, hang out on SGL, watch streamed lectures over the internet,...

Having said that, I had a great session last night, first time I saw the Witch's Broom in OIII, wonderful object.

There goes my life's work up in smoke.

Perhaps I should point out that a "cloud filter" was actually a "cloud enhancing filter" (to make white clouds stand out against a blue sky, when using monochrome film). You would be better off concentrating on a minus cloud (cloud suppressing) filter ... I'd buy one of those ...

Perhaps I should point out that a "cloud filter" was actually a "cloud enhancing filter" (to make white clouds stand out against a blue sky, when using monochrome film). You would be better off concentrating on a minus cloud (cloud suppressing) filter ... I'd buy one of those ...

Sorry i thought it was quite clear to see (no pun intended) that it is a cloud suppressing filter i am working on.

WOOHOO.........now my liver can relax (at least until saturday).

Archived