Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Intro & request

UncleClover

Hi, my name's Bill. I'm a 38 year old pasty white boy from Pittsburgh, PA. I've been infatuated with the stars ever since before I even learned how to walk. I can't look at a starry sky without feeling what I can only describe as "homesick". I'd leave behind my earthly existence in a heartbeat if given the chance to explore the stars. Of course I'm quite sure I'm hardly alone in that. ;-)

In any event, I stumbled across this site while trying to find a program I used to love using before losing it forever to a system crash. I can't remember its name, though - basically, you could plot your own star charts, be it with real data or custom data designed to portray fictitious locations. It had a very nifty interface and was quite graphically pleasing. Would anyone happen to know of at least _a_ program that does this, even if it's not the one I'm talking about? I've been looking all over and can't really find much. While I will if I must, I'd rather not resort to creating a custom data file for Celestia, the wysiwyg interface of the program I'm talking about was just that fun to use.

Even if nobody knows anything about it, thanks just the same for your time and I look forward to exploring the cosmos with you.

:-)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived