Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first attempts - be gentle!

Zeffer

Just fancied ago. All the images are at ISO 1600 on a Nikon D70 through the NS8 at prime focus. Exposure time = 30 seconds. I have never tried this before and have left these completely unprocessed so any tips greatly appreciated. I think I need to experiment with ISO and I also need a stacking program (I think).

Albiro:

image.jpg

Blue Snowball:

image.jpg

Ring Nebula:

image.jpg

M92:

image.jpg

Wrong thread I know but I had a go at the moon. Again, unprocessed - ISO 200 and 1/60 of a second:

image.jpg

Please be gentle!

image.jpg

Well i dont have to be kind Justin , those my friend are darn good images , for starters naaaaaaaaaaaaaa u kidding mate , by the looks of that i think u are a natural , EXCELLENT, cant say more than that really , except keep at it now , dont let the paint dry so to speak ,

A very well done

Rog :)

Justin u can try REGISTAX FIRST see how it goes , but remember you are working in alt AZ you could have rotation , normally that would happen after around 20 secs with the gps, but try it first it will give u some idea how far u can go without software like Maxim or other software that corrects rotation

Rog

Absolute crackers mate. Did you crop them or resize them as they come out quite small my end.

Another tip, if you didn't know, is to use the highest possible image size as you get more pixels to play with. Also when you zoom in on the preview screen you can go further in to check focus.

Great start, you must be well chuffed!

Captain Chaos

wow. :shock: I didn't even know half of those existed! Absolutely stunning images. Just imagining the number of disasters I'm going to catch when I introduce my scope to my SLR. Amazing first images. I would be over the moon. (literally, like 3 degrees over!)

AstroPhethean

Do you shoot in RAW mode then?

I use the large high quality setting as this gives the biggest image to play with. Play with the camera in daylight and see what zoom you can get in the various file size settings to get the idea.

I have used RAW but dont now as Registax doesn't recognise RAW files. I bet I could convert them to TIFF format using Photoshop though, now there's a thought.

Captain Chaos

Archived