NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

jupiter 31st aug

neil phillips

Better last night, though im not sure my flat rotation is affecting the images, it can drift with constant tweaking night after night, i suspect it has, but seeing was quite good and my collimation still reasonably good. i suspect it could be better. But reasonably happy with this capture. Just hoping for better as always

10" Europa DBK

130%

4945128727_7e9ea0b240_o.png

180%

4945799690_fc84462970_o.png

That is very detailed and I like these larger sized images, two red spots have caught up. Small red spot seems to have blue gray ring around it?

Think your Europa will be retiring soon?

John.

Cheers all wont be using the Europa for a bit, as im going in a new direction, not sure if its going to work, but im hoping it will. But may take a few tries to find out, as often ive seen cracker scopes not perform under poor seeing, then wham they come to life

John not retireing that sounds permanent resting maybe. The Europa will be back, im never selling that again i dont think, some scopes just seem to become part of you. Even if my new one excels in time.

The Europa will be handy for venus.

Archived