Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from North London

atharh

Hi from Finchley in North London!

My interest in astronomy was peeked when I was a kid and Haley's Comet came round. Back then my parents got me a 50mm Tasco scope which allowed me to see the comet as well as moons of Jupiter. I really wanted to get into Astrophotography and used to drool over the CCD's back in those days. But my budget as a kid didn't allow me to get into it. Now that I am older and have a little more money I have got the bug again.

Currently got a poor field of view from my back garden but I still got some photos of the Moon and of Mizar using a tripod and my Canon EOS 7D.

My enthusiasm was such that I was about to launch in feet first and buy a 10" Skywatcher scope and then I read some wise words on this forum about starting slowly....so I ordered from Binos from FLO instead.

I'm looking forward to exploring what more of what I can see...once the clouds clear!

Till the next clear sky...if it's cloudy I'll be here ;-)

Hi Atharh and welcome to the forum.

Certainly no rush as the stars aren't going anywhere. Would always recommend looking through the scopes first to see what you'll be getting and so manage expectations better.

Clear skies soon for our observing!!

James

Welcome Atharh,you are certainly receiving good advice here about taking the time to researc the hobby.Why not try to meet up with some people locally and they would love to show off their telescopes.I used to live in Finchley Queens Ave & Long Lane) but moved out to Hertfordfshire,Cheshunt.Come and see my telescopes if you want.All the best Martin

Archived