Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

clear skies?

richbyers

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clearish all day in the North West but clouded over about 8ish and stayed that way. Next door have chosen tonight to put 2 marquees up and re-enact the last days of Rome so maybe its for the best...

I am in the northwest too and a little disappointed about the weather it doesnt look good, well at least you got a little bit of a show next door lol :p

Clearish all day in the North West but clouded over about 8ish and stayed that way. Next door have chosen tonight to put 2 marquees up and re-inact the last days of Rome so maybe its for the best...

Could be worse, they could have decided to re-inact the inquisition, then the 'heretic next door who watches the sky' might have been in for a long and interesting night! :p

wow wow wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loads going on like you say in the ne luke!!!!

Plus, is it possible to have a big dull red one that seemed to last for ages whizzing from ne to se!!!!!

Amazing. going to wake Kellie and let her have some fun :p

NE to SE?

Wouldnt that just be called N to S?

LOL.

Yeah entirely possible. It is not gonna be a Perseid though. I saw an amazing red/orange one the other night just above my neighbours house. It was taking its time going anywhere. It lasted for about what seemed like 5-6 seconds. Perfectly round little ball of light.

NADA,NOTHING,ZIP,ZILCH,ZERO going on here tonight.

Just come in from a combination of the cold, my neck about to snap from looking upwards and encroaching cloud but I reckon I saw about 25-30 Perseids in about 2 hours. The best being a ripper through the Dolphin constellation! Not bad for my first meteor shower.

I copped about 9 in Marlow from 23:30 - 1:00. No clouds (yay!) and about 4-and-a-bit limiting magnitude, which is pretty good for round here. One quite bright meteor early on, then a dry spell and some rather dim ones towards the end. A couple of the brightest were going the "wrong" way - towards Cass/ Perseus.

Seen 9 from 12 till 1. Had neighbours round and mrs cousin. They loved it..... WOW was the word of the night.

Clouded over again but it was clear as a bell fir an hour. Perfect. Staying out on my own now till about 3 if i can.

It was this shower last year that got me into astronomy after reading about it on the news. It was to cloudy though. One year on and I got a lucky hour.

Hope some of u others managed an hour or so

NE to SE?

Wouldnt that just be called N to S?

LOL.

Yeah entirely possible. It is not gonna be a Perseid though. I saw an amazing red/orange one the other night just above my neighbours house. It was taking its time going anywhere. It lasted for about what seemed like 5-6 seconds. Perfectly round little ball of light.

NADA,NOTHING,ZIP,ZILCH,ZERO going on here tonight.

Yes you got it lol im **** witha compass :)

Was really amazing, the big one like the one you saw was there for ages and was massive.......

Really enjoyed it.:p

Had a few clear spells last night, but not worth a gamble getting the scope out as the clouds were moving so quickly. Definitely cooler out there too.

Me and the wife stood out the back for a while to see a few more persids and the MW before it clouded over at about 11.30pm.

Archived