Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Holland!

Roel

Hello everyone! I would like to introduce myself on your beautiful forum. I was looking for an better looking, more user-friendly forum than the Dutch one I'm used to visit. That one recently got a make-over (same software as SGL, but with over the top styling and functions: a maze).This one immediately appealed to me at first sight. Very intuitive to use (at least what I have seen so far) and very good looking. Great job!

I am Roel Weijenberg and I live in Deventer, The Netherlands. I'm 30 years old and a hobby astronomer for about 10-15 years now. As a kid I was already pretty interested in the universe, but the appearance of comet Hale-Bopp got me started in practical astronomy. I bought my first department store refractor in 1998 and owned (too) many telescopes since then...

My current telescopes are:

-4" f/5 Celestron achromat on Vixen Polaris mount

-4" f/15 Polarex/Unitron achromat on original EQ mount

-10" f/4,5 truss Dobson (build by myself)

I recently ordered a 12" f/4 Orion Optics mirror, and hopefully it will arrive at the end of this month, so I can build a truss Dobson telescope before the new season.

The hobby's main part for me is sketching the Moon and deepsky objects. Two months ago I started my own blog on which I place the drawings. An English version of this website is something I'm planning to make in the future, but of course one can always just look at the pictures :)

Roelblog

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently ordered a 12" f/4 Orion Optics mirror, and hopefully it will arrive at the end of this month, so I can build a truss Dobson telescope before the new season.

Roelblog

Welcome to the forum. Let us know how you get on with the home-build Dobson.... Show us some photos, please. I am sure us forum members will be most interested!!

Hi Roel and welcome,

For what its worth I wanted Holland to win the final but I think in the end the best team won on the day.

Its a big forum so spend lots of time exploring the various sub forums too.

steve

Bought some nice Dutch prints from a shop in Deventer many years back, nice place.

Although I will say that the best coffee and apple cake was at Almelo.:):eek: I used to try the coffee and apple cake at just about every station from Enschede to Amsterdam.:D:D:D:D

Hi Roel and welcome to the forum from me too.

Like everyone else I must agree that your pictures are very impressive and clearly do justice to your observation skills. Do you use the computer to help with the 'look' of your drawings or is it all straight from the pencil?

Thanks for sharing and clear skies for your next drawing!

James

Archived