Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

O. M .G my Celestron c 11 is HUGE !!!

My Celestron c11 just got delivered in a box big enough for a body :D i got it from pulsar optical on a( deal of the day) for £ 995

BARGAIN just a few marks on the paint work and the dovetail optics in A1 condition I cant believe how HUGE it is i have seen pics of them but in the flesh or Aluminium it is a monster Step 1 done

Step 2 buy a cgem mount from FLO. I have Cured my aperture feaver for now but seeing all the Amazing pics you guys post Astrophotography is something i want to learn and get into.

Im so happy :p clear skies

here some quick pics from my phone

post-19619-133877459231_thumb.jpg

post-19619-133877459238_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kris, you will love this scope I have mine mounted on a neq6 pro mount and it is beautiful. Make sure you get a dew cap for yours it really does help when viewing late into the night. Steve

Hi Kris

Hahaha! too funny - same reaction I had when I got my dob lol.

If you want cheap weights get second hand body builders weights. You'll have to be picky about what size to fit the bar - but you might even get them free from a recycling centre. Paint them up and no one'll know the difference. Nice OTA btw.

Cheers :D

Before I'de even consider paying £70 for a weight I would try cast one from lead ,pouring it into a tin (catering size coffee tin ,etc) and then drilling an appropriate size centre hole and tapping it with a securing screw. I have seen lots of succesfull weights for scopes using this method.

It's obviously nowhere near big enough - there's photographic evidence that you managed to get it through the door! :evil6:

Congrats, it looks lovely. :p

They are never big enough but if i ever win the lottery :D

post-19619-133877459376_thumb.jpg

Archived