NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from the dark skies of the Isle of Wight

simon955

Hello SGL,

I thought it about time to make my self known and make my maiden post. A brief intorduction, I have always been interested in astronomy and a year ago I bought my first and still current scope. My Celestron Nexstar 6SE serves me well for fairly bright objects for visual observing, but I feel the need to move on and be more ambitious such as home made Dobs and solar observations prehaps an imaging setup in the future.

I am lucky to live one the IOW and have decent skies, very good when looking south and am a member of the local astronomy society.

Clear skies everyone.

Simon.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My parents have just moved to the IOW, I was there a few weeks ago - scopeless but enviously looking up at the skies there. Definitely taking my scope for any visits later in the year once the nights draw in.

Hi Simon,

Welcome to the forum. Just across the water near Southampton. Although IOW is where we hope to retire too one day (getting ever further away now). It's a lovely place, we usually stay in Niton or Freshwater. Skies down at St Catherines Point were awesome last year.......just watched the stars sink into the horizon.

Archived