Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Got an M57 tonight

anthony

Hi Guys,

Found it difficult recently to get myself at the looking end of a telescope. Manged it tonight but then put a camera in the way. I reckoned the moon made everything too bright to do visual.

This is also my first proper image with my new (second hand!) SXV H9. It is also my first go at LRGB. It is 20x1min lum, 15x1min RGB. All at F10 in the lx200 8".

All aligned and averaged in maxim. Then a bit of a play in photoshop. Quite pleased really :wink:

Thats nice Anthony, glad to see you are on the LRGB as well hehehhe , well you have the colour balance very nice there ,, and should be well pleased with that one , being at F10 does show some star movement, i would love to see you using a faster f ratio, by the looks of things ,you could turn out some very nice emission nebula , but the moon does play havoc with the colour data . not to bad for planatery DSOs ,but hard going on emission.

GREAT START

Rog

Hi Rog,

I have a refractor option as well. Any expereince doing this one with a Ha filter. At present Cassiopoea sits above a street light in the early evening.

Hi Steve,

Yes! There is a little fainly fuzzy object in that area - a little galaxy. Some well processed and deep ring nebulae shots show it quite well.

I don't have a clue what it's name or title is.

Anthony

Archived