NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Another Shropshire Lad

mcspreader

Hi All,

Like Ampleamp I too am from Shropshire and although not entirely Scottish I do wear a kilt.

I have been interested in astronomy and all things universe orientated since I was a small child and saw the moon landings on TV, but I have only owned a telescope for a week. It is a Celestron Astromaster 76EQ and I have just bought a solar filter that was originally made for a Meade telescope and was far to big, but with a little ingenuity, cardboard and draught proofing foam strip it works perfectly. I am a photographer by trade and am trying to get into the field of astrophotography.

All the best

Phil

Hi Phil, :D

A warm welcome to the forum from me. I'm only an observer (don't have enough cash for astrophotography ;)) but I'm sure I'm like many others, who feel inspired by those who have the patience and technical expertise to produce pictures like Nick's sun spot above in 'picture of the week'.

I have some family who live or have lived in Shropshire and it is a superb part of our country - you're very lucky to live there! You'll have less light pollution I bet than anywhere near me in Bristol!

Clear skies and look forward to your images inspiring my observations (...especially on cold nights :(). :D

James

Hi Phil,

A very warm welcome to the forum. :D

If you want to get into astro-photography, a good place to start is Making Every Photon Count by Steve Richards, steppenwolf here on the forum.

It'll guide you through imaging from the start, covering everything from kit to techniques, helping you choose the right equipment and tools, whilst avoiding the expensive mistakes.

And there's loads of skilled imagers on here too, willing to share their tips 'n' tricks.

Archived