Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

hello form herts

tobot

I believe its customary to pop in and say hi on forums before you start posting *****-nilly :-)

so hello everyone

im a keen amateur and just about to buy my first scope, I've been using a pair of binocs and a spotting scope for a couple of years now and know my way around a little bit, but im now going to take the plunge and buy myself a proper bit of kit.

I've done a fair bit of reading and lurking on these forums and others, and my final decision is the celestron nexstar 6 se xlt

it will get a fair bit of use in my back garden and a nearby darksite so it has to be portable and I'm not particularly interested in astrophotography, so it sounds like a good choice.

also im pretty convinced im going to buy from FLO as they sound like a nice bunch of people:-)

so there we go, bit of a long winded intro but hopefully will let you all know where im coming from :-) any suggestions on kit (eyepeices etc) is most welcome as I'm a still a bit lost as to what i should get in that respect.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi and welcome to the group :D

If you do get an ep kit then go for the Revelation - good vfm (you may find the others a little dissatisfying as I did). However - rather than that I would advise to stick with supplied ep's till you know what you want - then build up a tailored selection gradually.

• 3 weeks later...

so just an update , hopefully ordering my nexstar 6 this week for delivery by the weekend possibly :-)

does anybody know if celestron are updating their range any time soon, as i have a terrible habit of buying something just as its superceded by a new model :-)

Archived