Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hi

crazyjedi

Hello! I've been enjoying astronomy for quite a while and have posted a few replies and comments on SGL before but i never did get around to saying Hi! till now that is. I've got a bit of experience but i'm no expert.

Currently i have a Sky Watcher 150 on an EQ mount but i constantly dream of bigger and better:p

Hi Rob,

A warm welcome from me too. :)

I believe your dream is shared by many on this forum. In fact, there may be enough people on here to warrant a special observers' hospital to deal with the onset of 'aperture fever'. Therapy and hopefully the cure, could comprise of regular systematic visits to an absolute monster of a scope, which you were never allowed to actually look through and only allowed to stroke the mirror occasionally. (...whispering of the word 'MY PRECIOUS' would also need monitoring and would be reported in your file as a lapse:D ) Now if you had been really good (...e.g made a nice box and sorted all the eyepieces into the correct order of magnification) an occasional hug could be permitted but only under strict supervision by one of the moderators here (..mind you, they're probably just as bad!) :D:D

Sorry for my digression (...I'm going to have to check myself in now)

Wishing you clear skies

James

Welcome to SGL Rob

Aperture fever is a killer, the unfortunate fact is there is no upper limit unless you want to salvage Hubble when NASA are finished :)

Archived