SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

new member saw a flyin object last night

peter76

Morning all.

Last night while observing on the outskirts of london an object passed my vision sight with what looked like a tail ,although very quickly,it wasnt a plane, not a chance as the object was completly glowing to the naked eye and traveling at high speed.Any ideas!

Yep, sounds like a meteor you will be amazed at the number of them you see. I caught one just when moving around saturn last night and was able to keep it in the ep until it left right over my head. Wasn't able to really see anything though.

defenetly ailiens! lol only joking, well...you never know..but most likly a meteor as mentioned, iv seen a few peaches my self, is me or does every one always take a gasp of breath when you see one, ive maybe seen a hundred in my life so far and every time with out fail i take a gasp lol

Welcome to SGL Peter hope you see many more! :D

Michael

defenetly ailiens! lol only joking, well...you never know..but most likly a meteor as mentioned, iv seen a few peaches my self, is me or does every one always take a gasp of breath when you see one, ive maybe seen a hundred in my life so far and every time with out fail i take a gasp lol

Welcome to SGL Peter hope you see many more! :D

Michael

I'm the very same. I almost hold my breath hoping that time will slow down and the meteors will last longer.

Welcome Peter. Wait till you see a meteor shower such as the Persieds (August) or the Geminids (December). They can be mind blowing.

Archived