NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Farnborough!

Marc8667

Hello my name is Marc and I'm from Farnborough in Hampshire.

I've recently got back into astronomy, which I've always been interested in and I'm really enjoying it again.

I bought Meade ETX 60 to start off with which is a fantastic little scope and makes it easier for me to find interesting things, but is a bit lacking in aperture size so I've now got a Skywatcher Explorer 200p on an EQ5 mount which is superb.

I've had some fantastic views of Saturn and Mars, though mars was a bit harder to resolve than Saturn which i saw 4 of it's moons. M42 was fantastic even though i live in a very light polluted area, but with the 8 inch reflector it was still very satisfying.

I thought I'd introduce myself and tell you a little about myself.

Marc

Hi rusty.

How are you getting on with the 200p? I'm trying to learn about the setting circles and polar alignment which is difficult to get my head around, but I suppose I will learn.

Have you had any luck?

Marc

It is a fantastic scope and I'll eventually when I can afford it get the goto upgrade. I did manage to find the m3 the other night and even in a badly light polluted sky it still looked great. Look forward to getting out tonight.

Marc

Hi Russ.

How's the skies in Southampton, do you get a lot of LP down there? It's really bad where I live, I was out last night and Farnborough town were playing and the whole north eastern sky was lit up, I was looking for M3 again but didn't stand a chance.

Marc

Archived