NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Spring 2010 Star Party at Kelling Heath

Is anyone going to Kelling this spring (18/19 Apr)?

I've not seen any notices so I thought I'd start a thread to find out wether I've got the whole site to myself or not lol.

So if you're as excited and looking forward to it as I am then lets find out who'll be there ;)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelling Spring clashes with SGL5 at Lucksall in Herefordshire unfortunately.

A shed load of members are booked to go there.

Not too late I think, if you want to change your Star Party venue.

Kelling in the Autumn is a biggie for most of the guys here.

;).

Ron.

Thanks Barkis - I just figured there are so many of us in the forum, that there must be someone who can't get to SGL5 (for some reason) that will be going to Kelling.

I'll be at Kelling next autumn too.

Let's hope the spring traders reduce all their prices cos it looks like I'll be the only customer lol ;)

Me, moocher, Eddie & david61 will be in the red field by millionaires row this spring and i can't remember which field in the autumn but its the one way over the back that had the toilet block light problems last year. If they have that sorted it should be a great pitch with very low horizons all around ;)

look forward to meeting some of the sgl members there, it seems strange to me to have another star party the same week as another major star party, as we have to few in this country already and i would have liked to attended both tbh

it seems strange to me to have another star party the same week as another major star party, as we have to few in this country already and i would have liked to attended both tbh

And even fewer 'moonless' nights with a decent length of darkness to fit them all into as well so there will always be an overlap somewhere.

Steve..

Lets just hope the clouds stay away ;)

And don't worry Barkis - nothin's gonna stop me going lol

Steve and Astro - we'll be on millionaires row at T312 - arriving on 15th and leaving on 19th - look forward to meeting up and putting some nicknames to real names - to faces :)

Lol Phil - now I'm curious to see what you turn up with/in - sounds like a hoot - but don't worry everyones very friendly.

First time at Kelling is allways a bit of a buzz and you're on a good pitch - you'll enjoy it. Looking forward to seeing you there ;)

Yup Phil - there's allways some fancy kit knocking around - never fails to amaze.

Wobbly - looking forward to see'ing you both there - make sure you drop round for a natter.

In fact I'm gonna make a point of visiting everyone who responded to my thread just to say hi and compare notes (or wines lol).

Thanks to Brantuk for the heads up on this one - I live in Norwich and will be getting my first telescope within the next couple of months. I hope that I can persuade my work to give me a couple of weekdays off and I should be able to stay a few nights.

Look forward to picking people's brains and looking through a few scopes for inspiration!

Great stuff Laz and Orion - look forward to seeing you there - I'm glad I started this thread now and whipped up some enthusiasm.

I'm getting a lot of folks to go see - think I'm gonna end up too sozzled for star gazing lol ;)

It's a shame they clash, but May is too late and Feb is too early - unless you are hardened camper :):mad:

I think there is room for both, however, in the Spring.

If you are a first-timer, don't panic. People are always willing to help out setting up tents and showing you the ropes! You'll have a great weekend - wherever you are :headbang:

I have just checked and we are at pitch 316 on the red field so look forward to meeting some fellow members

Your right Daz it is a shame that they clash but the moon tends to win out on these things, unless you have a 4 season winter sleeping bag that is :)

Orions - bring as much wine as you feel appropriate - I'll certainly help you knock it back :)

Daz - yep - real shame about the clash - won't allways be that way though :mad:

Steve - looking forward to meeting ya :headbang:

Yup Phil - there's allways some fancy kit knocking around - never fails to amaze.

Wobbly - looking forward to see'ing you both there - make sure you drop round for a natter.

In fact I'm gonna make a point of visiting everyone who responded to my thread just to say hi and compare notes (or wines lol).

You wont miss me, I will charging about on me 4 wheeled buggy :)

Archived