Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Spring 2010 Star Party at Kelling Heath

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wont be long now folks. I always look forward to Kelling Heath. The company factor is always excellent with plenty to do and see. The facilities on the camp are first rate and the skies are pretty good when they clear too. Better than anything around the Midlands anyhow.

I believe there are still a few pitches left as well, even on the red field. (As of weekend 27/28).

I do hope to spend more time (If possible) with folk this time around. You know how it is. So much kit to ogle over. :(

Clear Skies

OK

My feelings are just the sam Orion - Kelling has a unique specialness about it - the company and kit are allways great - plus being near the coast you allways get one or two good nights in a week.

If you know anything about ap with a mod'd webcam you can spend as much time as you like with us lol.

Well - quick update - with me 'n' my other half we've got 12 names so far - which is officially a star party crowd lol. Some people are bringing others and I reckon the true total is at least 16 folk.

Dunno what all this mugshot stuff is about - but here's one of me in the dark :(

[

]

My feelings are just the sam Orion - Kelling has a unique specialness about it - the company and kit are allways great - plus being near the coast you allways get one or two good nights in a week.

If you know anything about ap with a mod'd webcam you can spend as much time as you like with us lol.

Sorry. Don't know anything really about AP. Does that mean I am exempt now from your company at Kelling ? :(

OK

Not at all Orions - Come round I insist - glug some wine - then I'll come round and glug yours - and in the morning - if you hear of someone slumped unconscious in the hedge - it's me - and I didn't make it back to the caravan lol :(

Just to keep the interest going (and having pinched and idea from SGL-5)........

What kit are you bringing to Kelling this Spring?

Hopefully I'll have everything in my signature with me assuming it doesn't kill me lifting it into the car lol .......

Orpington Astro Society has 8 pitches booked in red. 397,396.387,386,385,394,395, can't remember the other one.

It is my first time, if I survive the journey, not good on motorways!!!!!!:)

Wow the numbers just shot up - Fay's bringing a whole astro soc - Great to see you Fay - and you'll soon forget the motorway once you're behind the eye piece :)

I remember my first star party 3yrs ago - it was gob smacking and I'm well and truly hooked.

You just can't beat sharing the hobby with like minded people and putting names to faces - be sure to drop by and say hi :p

Oh and WOW @ your pics!

Well I am now officially on holiday. Off hired my van this morning so unable to do any work for a whole week. Will be on my pitch on Tuesday morning, so if there is anyone there that early, why not come over and say hello. If not, then I'll come and say hello to you.

See you there.

OK

Great stuff :)

I've just got Monday to do at work, packing the caravan Tuesday, setting off Weds morning after the gas fitter has fixed the living room fire. Stopover in Wisbech to give me a break from all the work the missus doesn't do (i.e I do it all). Then arrive Kelling on pitch mid-late morning Thurs.

Can you feel the excitement building?

Lol :p

Archived