NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Is there anybody out there?

mark84

I thought I'd start with a good old cliche! Sorry, it was either that or 'hello'

As you may (or may not) guess from my rather imaginative username my name is Mark and I was born in an era when years started with 19's and ended in 84 in my case.

I've always had a bit of an interest in astronomy, looking at the stars and wondering about them, and I've read a few physics books over the years. I've become more interested in identifying those little twinkling things in the sky which is going pretty well, and I've just forked out for a telescope which I'm not having much look with thanks to the seemingly endless supply of clouds recently!

Look forward to getting to know you all and letting you answer my questions:p

Mark.

Hi Mark, '84 was indeed a great year, one of my favorite, but thankfully Mr. Blairs predictions for that year weren't very accurate.

Perhaps you should have bought a sledge instead of a scope, that way we'd have no snow and lots of clear skys instead.

It'll all clear up soon, I'm sure (well, I sure hope so).

For some reason myself and a couple of friends always remember 1984 as the best year of the 80's music wise. With regards to free clouds with every scope..............i think the people at SkyWatcher forgot to pack my clouds into the box with my new scope. I also just noticed that the scope has the same sir name as me. I wonder if we are related.

Welcome

Wow so many welcomes! Thanks :)

In answer to your q what scope did i get, it's the Skywatcher Explorer(130P SupaTrak AUTO), the reviews seemed positive enough and its price was well within my budget, it'd just be nice to be able to give it a try! So so much snow here, it's a pity it doesn't have a built in shovel.

Archived